Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Compassionate Communication Celebration

AKA....NVC (nonviolent communication) is a subject receiving a lot of my attention lately. It fits so well with unschooling/consensual living/connection parenting/marriage. My guy is interested it in also which is so HUGE to me and we both have experienced its wonderful effects. At first, I dove into it thinking I was going to master it in a short time...HAHA...old habits die hard, huh? I have the tendency to plunge into things sometimes and feel hurried which ultimately means I put pressure on myself in many ways. And then?....I get crabby! Go figure. So I've adjusted my pace to one that is more appropriate for me and -abracadabra- it's easier to learn! I just have to laugh at myself.....it feels so good! Stan and I also introduced it to the kids with a puppet show. They were rolling over our storyline...which was a true one btw, and wanted to have a turn.

Anyway...I subscribe to nvcacademy.com. It's $10 a month for a variety of stuff. It's worth it even though I use it less than I intended. And the 1st month is free!

No comments: