Thursday, May 1, 2008

Unschooling United

Dayna Martin, who was a guest on the Dr. Phil show last year along with her husband, Joe, is the founder. I have been a member of her radicalschoolingLOA group since she started it. That group has provided much support for me just by reading the posts. For many reasons, participating in online support groups has not been very efficient for meeting my needs. I dreamed of starting some kind of phone support network but felt resistance to initializing that, really I didn't have any insight or inspiration about where to begin and how to fit that in my life.

So when Dayna announced she was starting a non-profit based loosely on the La Leche League structure I was excited and knew immediately I wanted to be a part of that!

Last night was the first phone conference with Dayna for those who want to be a volunteer UU Facilitator and the first time I've ever spoken with her. The energy of the small group was so friendly, uplifting, and excited.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the evolution of Unschooling United!!!!

No comments: